About the Book Study Group
Now in our fourth year, between 20 and 30 avid readers meet every two weeks via Zoom to discuss. We choose books with depth and relevance to issues of the day.
Vision for the Book Study Group
- We participate in in-depth discussions and share ideas on books that speak to our ecological integrity, social and economic justice, and peaceful coexistence.
- We educate ourselves about ecological, social, economic concerns so that we have better and more effective ideas about how to co-create change, and act from knowledge and insight gained through our reading and our dialogue.
- We attract diversity.
- We have facilitators trained in helping diverse groups of individuals with different approaches and ideas to have discussions where all can be heard.
- We can act as a possible educational resource for other action groups within EAN
- We continue to select books by having members offer suggestions, and then choose by majority vote/agreement
- We encourage the formation of smaller groups from within the book group who want to chat, discuss, and just enjoy each other’s company
- We hold an annual BIG READ for all members of EAN
- We conclude each meeting with an action step to reduce GHG in the atmosphere.
Book Study Group guidelines are simple:
- Buy or borrow the book. (I prefer eBooks because I can highlight chapters, write notes and save them on my tablet. eBooks also save trees and the resources to print and distribute.)
- Read the chapters and bring your thoughts to the next meeting.
- Participate in the small group discussions by listening and sharing in the small group.
- Register for the meetings via Zoom (using the REGISTER button below). After registering, Zoom will send you a unique link to join the series of meetings. Do not share the link, it is unique to you.
- Contact Geoff Ainscow with any questions
Every other Monday at 9:00 – 10:30 am PT / 12:00 – 1:30 pm ET
May 9, 2022
May 23, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 20, 2022
July 4, 2022
July 18, 2022
August 1, 2022
- Currently reading: The Ministry for the Future by Kim Stanley Robinson – about the book
- The Ministry for the Future Discussion Questions for each meeting.
List of previous books read by the Book Study Group.