The Elders for Regenerative Living (ERL) Action Group addresses the broad question:
How do we Elders live and act more regeneratively so that our grandchildren and future generations have an habitable planet and a society that support their growth as human beings?
ERL is currently designing and prototyping a Regenerative Elder Process that focuses on the unique gifts that elders can bring to the internal and external regenerative transformation that Paul Hawken is calling forth in his new book “Regeneration”.
- It will take the form of a short introductory module that will help elders decide whether they want to engage more deeply in that process, followed by several month-long inquiries into some of the action domains that Paul explores in his book and on the Nexus site, such as food, forests, or energy.
- In these longer modules, we will focus on capacity building and experimentation for elder-specific activities such as modeling, mentoring, holding the space, or advising in council.
- We will use a combination of videos, readings, and dialogues in a mutual learning environment.
- We will also build on the questions and insights that arose from the November 16 World Café on regeneration, as well as from additional events we will organize on the same theme.
- We are planning to offer and test an initial module in the first quarter or 2022, both within and outside of EAN, followed by two or three additional modules later in the year.
We look forward to welcoming you then.