Are Your Savings Invested in Fossil Fuels?
Our investments are meant to secure our future – but the world’s largest asset managers, Vanguard, Fidelity, and BlackRock, are investing our retirement savings into fossil fuel development and deforestation which puts us all at risk.
This danger is evident not only in our changing climate, but also in the future risks to our investments. Fossil fuel investments are projected to lose their value as the world is forced to transition to renewable energy.
Although many of us care deeply about climate change we often don’t know what to do about it. We might feel “small,” most especially when facing the immensity of the financial industry.
It’s true that individually we do not have much power but by working together we can make a difference.
So, Elders Action Network has joined the global network of organizations and individuals who are working together to take action and secure a more thriving and just future for those we love. We are demanding that our investment companies change their practices and do the right thing for us, for our planet, and for future generations.
Can we become “good ancestors” and ask ourselves, “What is the impact of our actions on those who come after us?”
Join this growing movement of “investor activists” who are leveraging their power as customers and demanding changes in fossil fuel financing.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Attend a FixMyFunds webinar to learn the skills and gain the confidence to speak with your asset/financial manager and demand fossil free funds for your portfolio. Stay tuned for upcoming webinars.
- Learn more with Andrew Behar from As You Sow at a 90-minute webinar Using Your Power as an Investor to Create a Better World on July 12 at 10:00 am PT / 1:00 pm ET. REGISTER
- Join our monthly FixMyFunds Investors Working Group to delve deeper into the resources, research the issues, and work with others to build this movement of elder investor activists. REGISTER
- HELP! Plan future webinars, share this information with your networks, research the most strategic actions, make something happen! Contact Lynne Iser: email@example.com
- If you invest with Vanguard – don’t sell your stock! Read more here about how you can use your power as a customer, by our partner EQAT.
As elders we want to secure our retirement, but not at the expense of our children’s future.