ESD 2022 Voting Rights Campaign
State Teams – Specific Needs
Arizona – The Arizona team has the following needs:
- Current team focus is to support the registration and the freedom to vote by eligible Hispanic, Native American, youth, and those who, due to economic circumstances and access, are unable to participate on voting day.
- Volunteers work to help voters who have a history or are in danger of not participating due to either indifference, access, or outright suppression.
- Priority tasks include promoting education and availability of mail-in ballots, creating public-service announcements, and using social media to motivate voting.
- There are many ways to volunteer, even if you do not live in Arizona but understand how critical Arizona legislators are for ensuring fair elections.
- Fluency in Spanish and native languages, while never a requirement, would be an asset.
For more information, contact John Sorensen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida – The Florida will begin its work in early July. For more information or to indicate your possible interest in this team, contact Paul Dryfoos: email@example.com
Georgia – The Georgia team has the following needs:
- Research county locations, and contacts for radio stations, various colleges and universities, assisted living facilities, and congregations as time permits.
- Call or email decision-makers in the above institutions for their permission to disseminate nonpartisan voting information to their residents and members.
- Write, edit and proof-check radio public service announcements, and letters/flyers/emails that provide information about when/how/where to vote.
- Help identify and reach out to other non-partisan organizations to partner with.
- Attend bi-monthly Zoom team meetings to help strategize about best use of our resources, problem solving, etc.
Research and connect with other organizations with similar interests.
For more information or to indicate your possible interest in the Georgia team, contact Joffre Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michigan – The Michigan team will begin its work in July. The team is looking for volunteers to support the following:
- Work with community centers and organizations supporting Michigan’s minority citizens who do not have a history of voter registration or voting or whose rights to vote have been suppressed.
If you are interested in working in Michigan and are able to help, please contact John Sorensen at email@example.com.
Pennsylvania – The Pennsylvania team is contacting the following voters and has associated needs:
- Register unregistered voters and voters who recently moved and not yet registered.
- Connect with religious congregations, continuing care facilities, community colleges, food banks, and health centers.
- Provide voting information via radio Public Service Announcements.
- Provide by mail, early, and election day voting materials.
To volunteer, contact Therese Flaherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas – The Texas team is looking for volunteers to support the following:
- Participate in team meetings to develop Texas voting rights support strategies and task details.
- Research county polling and voting assistance locations, plus identify contacts for radio stations, colleges and university student affairs offices, Hispanic community centers, and faith congregations.
- Contact decision-makers in these institutions to disseminate nonpartisan voting information to their residents and members.
- Assist with PSA message development and information flyers.
- Participate in development of short videos and memes for social media supporting voter registration, early and election day voting.
- Support providing voting information via radio public service announcements.
If interested, contact Jane Mulholland at email@example.com.
Wisconsin – The Wisconsin team is looking for volunteers to support the following:
- Participate in bi-monthly meetings to help develop new strategies and assess progress.
- Assist with contacting radio stations, community organizations, colleges and universities, religious congregations, and care facilities to offer information about voting in the form of PSAs and flyers, disseminating information, and follow-up.
- Research and connect with other organizations with similar interests.
- Assist with message development and information pieces.
- Assist with developing information in Spanish.
Contact Linda Warner: firstname.lastname@example.org