I PLEDGE to participate in the Elders Action Network environmental campaign, to the best of my ability, beginning May 1st, by taking action on one or more of the following five areas of consumption:
- I am willing to buy less new clothing, decline Fast-Fashion and get creative with alternative choices.
- I am willing to eat a more plant-rich diet with minimal food waste.
- I am willing to use less polluting modes of transportation and purchase fewer transportation-intensive products. I will travel less, opt for electric for my next car, and eat locally produced, seasonally grown foods.
- I am willing to reduce electronic waste by not purchasing all the latest electronics and electrical appliances and to repair or replace the ones I have only when they no longer do the job.
- I am willing to consider or even commit to other, longer-term significant life changes, for example, making my next vehicle electric, participating in such EAN initiatives as joining a Climate Action Chapter, Electrify Everything, Eliminate Plastics, FixMyFunds.
I take this pledge because there is only:
We are interconnected and interdependent within a living Earth and seek to live congruently with nature in our own lives, our community, and our world with reciprocity, generosity, gratitude, and reverence for all life.
We are all interrelated and interdependent and seek to co-create communities based on mutual respect, kindness, and appreciation of differences.
We aspire to be good ancestors; we live and work from both long and broad perspectives, considering the welfare of all life and the planet for at least seven generations into the future.