- This event has passed.
The Art and Science of Difficult Conversations
Jul 27 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Thursday, happening 2 times
Part I: Thursday, July 20
Part II: Thursday, July 27
10:30 am – 1:30 pm PT / 1:30 – 4:30 pm ET
Join Kern Beare in an engaging exploration of difficult conversations. Learn about the neuroscience behind human interactions and how you can apply this knowledge to reduce reactivity and build empathy. Great for the merely curious or for those looking to work with the Building Bridges program.
- Gain a greater understanding of the dynamics that turn conversations into conflicts.
- Discover how one critical shift in thinking can turn a negative interaction into a creative and constructive engagement.
- Understand how our personal story can be a tool to both build bridges and burn them.
- Learn to access more easily and deeply your inborn capacity for connection and compassion.
- Learn about the four principles that can turn a dialogue into a powerful tool for personal and collective transformation.
What people have to say about taking this workshop:
“Can we rebuild trust today? Difficult Conversations shows that it’s possible.” –David Bornstein, New York Times Columnist
“Kern is a steady, compassionate guide and an expert facilitator. We’re already planning to have him come back, due to critical acclaim in the community.” –Janessa Gans Wilder, Founder and CEO, Euphrates Institute
“The recent experience and interaction with Kern Beare and his workshop was instructive, inspiring and timely!” –Mike Dahl, Mayor Emeritus, Redding, California