Elders for Social Justice – Community Learning
Aug 18 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am PDT
An event every month that begins at 9:00 am on day Third of the month, repeating until Dec 31
Third Thursday of each month
9:00 – 10:30 am PT / 12:00 – 1:30 pm ET
ESJ Community Learning tackles the topic What feeds and perpetuates injustice? Follow The Money.
If you haven’t already registered for the ESJ Community Learning meetings, click here to sign up. We meet on the third Thursday of each month. Once you’ve registered for the series, you’ll receive your unique link for joining all the meetings, and a reminder the day before each meeting.
Elders for Social Justice meets in two sessions each month, on the third and the fourth Thursdays, in order to dive deep into our topic and then discuss and take action. We call the third Thursday series Community Learning and the fourth Thursday series Community Actions. We hope you’ll join us for both series.
Recordings of past meetings:
- November 18, 2021
- October 21, 2021
- September 16, 2021 – “Policing in America” series, including Lesson 1 of the ACLU course Racism in Policing
- August 19, 2021 – City and state responses to protests to police brutality and killing
- June 17, 2021 – Member conversation on the social justice significance of the past tumultuous year
- May 20, 2021 – Barbe Chambliss on her book Women Peacemakers: What We Can Learn From Them
- April 15, 2021 – Hope Frye on living conditions for immigrant children at our southern border
- March 18, 2021 – Immigrant Children Separated from their Parents at the Border