The Field Organizer will take the lead and work alongside the Elders for Sound Democracy (ESD) Team to establish and manage three and growing volunteer state teams in preparation for the 2024 elections. This effort addresses a key priority of the ESD team to increase voter turnout and provide access to voting for underserved communities.
- Lead outreach to initiate state teams – establish leadership/facilitation and volunteer base
- Support state team structure, process and communication requirements
- Coordinate state team program development, ESD central hub-state team transactions, and external organization collaboration.
- Work with central and state steering teams in developing pro-democracy projects, volunteer opportunities, and forward-looking strategies.
- Collaborate and coordinate activity with other EAN staff members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience working and collaborating with remote decentralized organizational teams
- Experience working with and managing a large team of diverse (remote) volunteers
- Experience designing organizational structure and communication process
- Self starter, resourceful problem solver and solution seeker able to prioritizes tasks, sets goals and follows through to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA degree
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, database, social media. Design experience helpful.
This is a 9-12 month contract position for 20 hours per week and begins immediately. All resumes and inquiries should be send to Peg English at email@example.com.